Message from Miss Misty
Message from Miss Shayna
Our 20th Annual Spring Recital is going to be extra special as we have so much to celebrate! The Spring Recital allows us to see the results of a year of hard work, dedication, and progress while still continuing to learn through the performance experience. It is a joy to see how this experience helps students build self-esteem and confidence that they will carry with them for years to come. From our youngest students taking the stage for the first time to our graduating seniors taking the stage for the last, the entire Spring Recital week is going to be full of memories that will last forever!
I look forward to celebrating at our 20th Anniversary Party on Friday, May 18 for those that are able to join us. We celebrate the accomplishments and memories from the past 20 years, accomplishments and memories made in our final weeks of the season and looking ahead to the future in our new home across the street. I am truly blessed to have been part of the first 20 years of this journey with all of our amazing students, parents, and staff! Here’s to another GREAT Recital!
-Miss Shayna Stellflue, School Director
May 7-12: In-Class Dress Rehearsals at MDU
May 14-17: On-Stage Dress Rehearsals at Viterbo University
May 18: MDU’s 20th Anniversary Party at The Cargill Room
May 19-20: Spring Recital Performances at Viterbo University
May 22-24: 2018-2019 Performing Group Auditions at MDU
June 2: 2018-2019 Graded Level Class Registration begins ONLINE
In-Class Dress Rehearsal Week Starts Monday!
Reminder: Monday, May 7 – Saturday, May 12 is our In-Class Dress Rehearsal Week! Dancers should wear their Spring Recital costume, tights, hair and make up to their regular class just as they would for the real show. Parents will be invited in for the last 10 minutes of class for important reminders about our On-Stage Dress Rehearsal Week and Spring Recitals at Viterbo University the following week!
On-Stage Dress Rehearsal Orders and Spring Recital Show Orders
These documents are listed in the order in which each class will rehearse and perform on stage. They also serve as a reminder of your assigned On-Stage Dress Rehearsal and Show day and time!
If your dancer is in multiple classes, please check these documents to find out which of their classes will rehearse and perform first. This will help you to arrive at the Viterbo Fine Arts Center in the correct costume, ready to go!
On-Stage Viterbo Dress Rehearsal Reminders
Our On-Stage Dress Rehearsals are held Monday, May 14 – Thursday, May 17 at Viterbo University’s Fine Arts Center!
- Please arrive in costume, ready to dance, at the start of your rehearsal block. Thank you in advance for helping us stay on time!
- Rows will be labeled with class names for dancers to sit with their group.
- Remember to allow extra time for parking!
- Miss Misty and Miss Shayna will be giving important announcements at the start of each rehearsal block.
- Younger dancers will rehearse the Grande Finale at the end of their rehearsal block and then be dismissed from stage. Older dancers will be dismissed by their instructor once their rehearsal on stage is complete.
- Group Photos will be taken by Design Photography after each class rehearses on stage. Order forms will be available at Viterbo. All students participate in the group photo regardless of whether or not they order a photo.
- Recital Memories orders for Recital T-shirts, Yearbooks, etc. will be available for pick up.
If you haven’t done so already, please read through our 2018 MDU Spring Recital Handbook. This is a detailed guide to all things “Recital” and an overview of what to expect. This document is a must read if this is your first Spring Recital with MDU.
Important Spring Recital Show Reminders
Here are a couple of reminders and helpful tips for the day of the show:
- Be sure to clearly label your child’s costume, shoes, and other belongings.
- Please send your dancer with an easy, mess-free snack (fruit snacks, crackers, granola bars, etc.) as they tend to get hungry while they wait backstage. No drinks are allowed in the dressing areas, but drinking fountains are available.
- Coloring supplies, movies, and other activities are provided backstage during the show for younger dancers.
- Dancers should arrive backstage to their assigned dressing area 30 minutes prior to their show time. Staff members will be available to help you find your assigned location. Children’s Classes (2 years – 3rd Grade) will check in to the dance studio area at Viterbo. Graded Level Classes (4th Grade and up) will check in to the downstairs dressing rooms.
- Keepsake Recital Yearbook Programs will be available for purchase at each of our shows. Programs contain show information for the entire weekend and are $10 each.
- For your convenience, Sunshine Floral will have individual bouquets available for purchase in the Viterbo atrium before each of our shows for your convenience! If you wish to special order a larger bouquet for your dancer, you may call Sunshine Floral directly at 781-1903.
Spring Recital Photos & DVDs
Group Photos from Design Photography: Each class will take a Group Photo after they finish rehearsing during our On-Stage Dress Rehearsal Week at Viterbo University. Photos will be available for viewing at Design Photography’s table in the atrium area and order forms will be available on site!
Dress Rehearsal Week Action Photos: Thousands of photos from our Dress Rehearsal week at Viterbo will be available for purchase soon! Watch your email for more details on how to purchase unlimited downloads for $50.00 per family.
Spring Recital DVDs: Our Recital Memories package pre-orders have closed but there is still time to order your keepsake recital DVD! Click here to order your DVD from from AVP Media today!
2018-2019 Performing Group Auditions
Does your dancer love to perform? Being part of one of MDU’s Performing Groups is a great opportunity for dancers ages 5 and up to get additional practice and perform all year long!
Tuesday, May 22
- Littlest Performing Group! (Ages 5-6) Audition time: 4:30-5:30pm
- Dancin’ Kids! (Ages 7-10) Audition time: 5:30-6:30pm
- Guys Competition Teams (Ages 8-18) Audition time: 5:30-7:00pm
Wednesday, May 23
- Performance Company Auditions for dancers who have completed Building, Level I or Level II Jazz
Audition time: 4:00-6:00pm
- Performance Company Auditions for dancers who have completed Level III and IV Jazz
Audition time: 6:00-9:00pm
- Crew (Ages 13-18) Audition time: 5:00-6:30p
Thursday, May 24
- Performance Company Auditions for dancers who have completed Level V, VI and VII Jazz
Audition times: 5:00-9:00pm
Monday, July 30
- Footworks (Ages 12+) Recommended for dancers in Tap IV+
Audition times: 12:00-1:00pm
2018-2019 Registration Reminder
There is so much excitement at Misty’s Dance Unlimited as we look forward to our 21st season in our BRAND NEW FACILITY – the International Performing Arts Campus! We can’t wait for YOU to be part of it. Classes begin Tuesday, September 4, 2018!
Children’s Class Registration is On NOW: Click HERE to view our 2018-19 Children’s Class Schedule. Visit mistysdance.com to register ONLINE. Classes are filling up quickly!
Reminder for Building Level Dancers: Next season you will move to our Graded Levels of Technique (4th Grade and up). See below.
Graded Level Class Registration: This class schedule will be available online and emailed to families at the end of May. Grade Level Placements will be emailed at this time as well as teacher are still watching dancers through Recital! Registration for our 2018-19 Graded Level classes will begin ONLINE on Saturday, June 2 at 8am.
Questions: We’re here to help! Email Miss Kris at [email protected] or call our front desk at 608-779-4642.
Moving Sale 2.0!
We are getting closer to our big MOVE across the street and ready to part with some larger items! Check out our “Moving Sale 2.0” in the lobby beginning Monday, May 7! Free will donations for all items go directly to A Chance To Dance Foundation.
- Smaller furniture items
- Chairs & Shelving
- Kids Play Area Toys
- And more!