We are SO excited to host you for summer programs and have prepared the following information to help you have a happy, healthy, and safe return to classes.
Please review before your first class for the smoothest transition back to classes. We look forward to seeing you soon!!
MDU is a Safer Studio™
- MDU follow the More Than Just Great Dancing!® Safer Studio Guidelines which prioritize a hierarchy of safety and wellness measures including:
- Wellness checks for staff
- Frequent hand hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Minimizing mixing and mingling via social distancing practices
- Curricular and facility adjustments
- Gradual re-opening and continuous parent communications.
- Please see below for the specific way MDU is applying these guidelines for the June Term.
Wellness Checks for Staff
- MDU is a Youth Protection Advocates in Dance® Certified Studio. Additionally, all teachers and staff members will receive regular and continuing safety training as it relates to preventing community spread of COVID-19.
- All staff members are wellness checked before their shift.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have a fever or respiratory symptoms.
- Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
- Employees will wash hands and/or sanitize before and after each class.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside of all entrances, outside of every classroom, and inside the classrooms. Students will be encouraged to wash hands and/or sanitize before and after classes.
- Handwashing posters are posted within bathrooms and classrooms.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures, high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, viewing windows, barres, floors, counters, stereos, and bathrooms.
Minimized Mixing and Mingling
- We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and mingling in support of social distancing recommendations. However, we understand that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times.
Facility & Curricular Adjustments
- All lobby waiting areas, kitchen area, children’s play spaces, student study areas, locker rooms, Mother’s room, business offices, staff room, etc will be closed unless specified.
- Please bring clearly labeled water bottles. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- Dancers will bring all dance bags into the studio for changing shoes. Locker rooms will be closed. Bathrooms will be available for toilet use only, but not for changing clothes.
- No food will be allowed in the studio.
- Curricular adjustments have been made to eliminate prop use and hand-holding and to reduce mixing and mingling in the classroom.
- Class sizes have been modified to reflect current county recommendations of no more than 15 in a room.
- Classrooms will refrain from high fives, “ballerina hugs”, fist bumps, stickers, and stamps.
- Classrooms will have staggered dismissal (3-5 minutes) to allow for student transitions.
Gradual Re-Opening & Continuous Parent Communication
- We are gradually reopening with roughly 50% of our classes remaining online and 50% of classes being held in the studio for the June Term.
- Please visit our website and join our MDU Parent & Student Community Private Facebook page beginning June 15 where you will find a stop and go light icon that clearly indicates the status of classes: Green indicates it is safe to attend face-to-face classes. Yellow indicates a cautionary change to service delivery. Red indicates clients should stay home and attend class online.
Arrival & Departure
- Please enter using the 12th Avenue main entrance for all arrivals. A staff member will be outside to greet your student and help them to their class. At this time, we ask that parents wait in their cars or outside during classes to help with social distancing in the building. Parents of little dancers under age 6 are able to wait inside if necessary for child comfort.
- Please limit parent drop off to one person whenever possible. Sibling visitors cannot be accommodated during this term.
- Please exit using doors closest to studio 4 for all departures. Students will be released from the Studio 4 exit. Parents will be asked to wait outside for kids to be released. A staff member will be outside to ensure your dancer gets back to you safely. At the end of class, parents must be by the door to receive their child. Students cannot walk across the parking lot to go to their parents for safety reasons
- We encourage all students to use the restroom at home before coming to class.
- Bathrooms will be limited for emergencies and will be cleaned hourly.
- Bathroom facility use will be limited to the front two unisex bathrooms for this term.
- Our employees will be wearing masks with some exceptions until La Crosse County Covid-19 Compass reaches a “yellow” status. As today’s date (6/8/20) La Crosse County is “orange”. For more information please visit: https://www.lacrossecounty.org/covid19
- Mask wearing for students and parents is at personal/parental discretion.
Welcome to our June Term at MDU! We look forward to seeing you soon! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask <3.